Our education program has a strong focus on social and emotional development. Underpinned by the Circle of Courage philosophy.
We provide a tailored social and emotional learning program alongside project-based learning to build students strengths within the 4 quadrants of belonging, independence, mastery and generosity.
- Assist students to understand themselves and their choices.
- Provide self-regulation tools for them to draw on when faced with conflict.
- Improve their interpersonal relationships and re-establish positive engagement.
- Provide opportunities to practice self-regulation skills (e.g. visualisation, role-play, excursions).
- Provide a learning environment that is understanding of and responsive to the impacts of trauma. We aim to create an environment that is safe and culturally responsive.
In addition to our social and emotional program, students work with staff to design a project that is linked to the WA curriculum and often forms part of the generosity component of the circle of courage.
Students, plan, research, budget and carry out their project with the support of staff.
For some students, learning is also connected to career pathways and the skills they need to create opportunities post school.